My Mom Makes Me Smile
Like us on Facebook! Here are the Winners of Our Mother’s Day Facebook Essay Sweepstakes
Thank you for sharing your essays! Each one was an inspiration. Winners, please send a private Facebook message to 1800Baskets.com with your shipping information.
The My Mom Makes Me Smile Winners Are:
Spirit Javon, My Mom is the Best
Lori Singer, My Mom Keeps On Keeping On
Treva Shawn Anderson, Twinning a Generation Apart
Happy Mother’s Day Everyone!
Surprise your mom for Mother’s Day! Write an essay about the things that make her so special and a chance to win a beautiful basket or gift from 1800Baskets.com.
How Does Your Mom Make You Smile? Is it her warm hug, fabulous style, delicious cupcakes? Tell us why your mom is so special in 70 words or less. We’re giving away three prizes for Mothers Day! We will randomly select three winners. The sweepstakes starts on Facebook on 4/11. You can submit entries until 4/28. Winners will be posted on Facebook on 5/02!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES, INCLUDING THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY WHO HAVE OR OPEN AN ACCOUNT ON FACEBOOK.COM. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- ENTRY PERIOD: 1-800-BASKETS.COM® My Mom Makes Me Smile Sweepstakes (hereinafter the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:01 AM EDT on 4/11/16 and ends at 11:59 PM EDT on 4/28/16 (the “Entry Period”).
- HOW TO ENTER: Visit the 1-800-BASKETS.COM® Facebook page located at https://www.facebook.com/1800baskets/?fref=ts during the Entry Period and completely fill out the entry form and tell us in seventy (70) words or less “How your mom makes you smile.” The entry form and essay will collectively be referred to as the “Entry.”
Accounts at Facebbook.com are free and can be opened at www.facebook.com.
2.1 ENTRY CONTENT RESTRICTIONS:
- Entry received a) must be unique and created exclusively by the entrant submitting b) cannot have been previously entered into a sweepstakes, contest or have been published c) cannot not be awaiting publication nor may it be submitted for publication consideration during or after the Entry Period; and
- The Entry must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement; and
- The Entry must not disparage Sponsor or any other person or party affiliated with the Sweepstakes; and
- We are a family friendly company so each Entry must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, libelous, or that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- Entry must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where submission is created.
2.2. ADDITIONAL ENTRY TERMS & CONDITIONS. Limit one Entry per person. Use of computer programs and/or other automated devices to enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your on-line service will apply. By entering, you understand that the Sponsor has the exclusive right to use the Entry and excerpts of the Entry in any advertising and promotional materials (visual, sound, print and/or electronic form), including, but not limited to, posting Entry on its websites, blogs, social media pages and in any form of advertising. By submitting your Entry you grant any and all necessary rights and licenses provided herein, including without limitation, all necessary copyright and other related rights to the Entry, free and clear of all claims and encumbrances without violating the rights of any person or entity, including any right to privacy or publicity, you hereby hold the Sponsor harmless from and against any third party claim arising from use of the Entry and waive any right to inspect or approve uses of the Entry or to be compensated for any such uses. All Entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor, and may not be acknowledged or returned. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
- SWEEPSTAKES PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”): Three (3) Prizes in total will be awarded. Winners will be randomly selected will receive one (1) of the three following prizes. A 1-800-BASKETS.COM® Mom You’re the Best! Brunch Tote Bag (product code #149369) ARV $59.99 USD, 1-800-BASKETS.COM® Love You Mom! Relaxing Tea Gift Basket (product code #149348) ARV $49.99 USD or a 1-800-BASKETS.COM® Mother’s Day Belgian Chocolate Covered Oreo Cookie Tin (product code #93262) ARV $39.99 USD. Total ARV of all prizes of $149.97 USD.
- WINNER SELECTION: Winners will be selected on or about May 3, 2016 in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Entry Period by a representative of Sponsor, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Prizes will be awarded and potential winners will be notified by email associated with their Facebook account. Prizes are nontransferable and no cash substitution is allowed except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to award prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize is unavailable.
- GENERAL RULES: Taxes, related to the prizes are the winners’ sole responsibility, if applicable. Prize winners may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (where legal) within five (5) days of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. Return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and alternate selection. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use winner’s name, likeness, image, photo, sobriquet and biographical information for promotional purposes without further compensation except where prohibited by law. By entering, entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these OFFICIAL RULES and winners release Sponsor, and their subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents and all others associated with the development and execution of the Sweepstakes from any and all liability for damages, losses or injury resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of prize. Entries will be declared to be made by the authorized account. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the Facebook account associated with the submitted Entry. Entries are subject to verification of eligibility and will be declared invalid if they are incomplete, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website; violates the OFFICIAL RULES; or acts in an unsportsmanlike, obscene or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrant or person. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, misdirected or damaged Entries due to internet services providers service, weather, technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications, whether caused by the sender, by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes which may limit the ability to participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Sweepstakes if it is not capable of completion as planned, including for infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures or corruption of any sort, and award prizes from eligible Entries received prior to cancellation. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States, including the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older as of date of entry who have or open an account on Facebook.com. Accounts at Facebbook.com are free and can be opened at www.facebook.com. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Employees and families of 800-Flowers, Inc. (“Sponsor”) their subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates and related companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and their immediate families are ineligible.
- WINNERS LIST: For the names of the winners, visit https://www.facebook.com/1800baskets/?fref=ts and refer to the “Notes” section from approximately 5/10/2016 through 6/10/2016.
- SPONSOR & ADMINISTRATOR: The Sponsor and Administrator of this Sweepstakes is 800-FLOWERS, INC. One Old Country Road, Suite 500, Carle Place, New York 11514
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: NEITHER 800-FLOWERS, INC., THEIR AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, OR AFFILIATED COMPANIES, AS WELL AS, THEIR ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES SHALL HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY OR GOODWILL. IN ALL EVENTS, THE SOLE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF SPONSOR AND ITS AFFILIATES SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE ARV OF THE PRIZES SET FORTH HEREIN.
- GOVERNING LAW & VENUE: THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE & FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THE SAME. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND HEREBY IRREVOCABLY SUBMITS TO THE VENUE OF THOSE COURTS WITHIN THE COUNTIES OF NASSAU AND SUFFOLK COUNTY, NEW YORK.
© 2016 800-FLOWERS, INC.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. By participating, you hereby release and hold harmless Facebook from any and all liability associated with this promotion